For those that appreciate luxury and a relaxed ambiance of elegance and comfort, the Ceiba del Mar is the natural choice.
Tranquility and relaxation are the order of the day and at the Ceiba del Mar, you can expect copious personal space, beautiful Mayan and Mexican architecture and upscale amenities.
The full-service on-site spa at Ceiba Del Mar offers natural, holistic treatments. Therapists are highly trained, and ingredients include English essential oils and naturally derived herbal and flower extracts.
Guests at Puerto Morelos’ Ceiba Del Mar can enjoy partial or full ocean views from hammocks on guestroom terraces; other amenities include CD and DVD players. Turndown service leaves a handmade gift.
* Designed by renowned Mexican architect Luis Segura, Ceiba Del Mar Spa Resort was renovated in summer 2006 with seven three- and four-story buildings. A butler is assigned to each building. Decor includes antiques, hand-carved benches, wood-latticed windows, a 300-year-old stained-glass window in the lobby bar, and a carved rock depicting the sacred Mayan ceiba tree.
* Padded wood lounge chairs face the sea; the pool complex spans two levels: the upper includes a round pool and the lower features a freeform pool, large spa tub, and swim-up bar. The Ceiba del Mar also offers a lending library stocked with videos and CDs. Like all major Riviera Maya hotels, the hotel has a water-purification system.
* The on-site spa offers 40 holistic and natural treatments. Trained therapists are required to continue an ongoing program of education.
* Ceiba Del Mar Spa Resort offers 32 air-conditioned guestrooms and 56 suites.
* All accommodations feature balconies or terraces with hammocks and either partial or full ocean views. Other amenities include CD- and DVD-players, and alarm clocks that also function as MP3 docking stations.
* Cotton robes, slippers, and a pillow menu are provided. As part of evening turndown service, guests receive a handcrafted gift and accommodations are lit with votive candles; beds are decorated with bougainvillea petals and chocolates.
* Guests may choose from a European (accommodations-only) Plan or a Half Board (breakfast and dinner) meal plan supplement.
Ideally situated on a one-km (half-mile) stretch of secluded beach bathed by the Caribbean Sea, the Ceiba del Mar resort is 25 minutes south of Cancun's airport, and north of the fishing village of Puerto Morelos.