The Francis Marion Hotel, located in the heart of historic Charleston. South Carolina was the largest and grandest in the Carolinas when Francis Marion Hotel opened in 1924 named for General Francis Marion the swamp Fox of the American Revolution.
The Francis Marion Hotel in Charleston reopened in 1996, after a $12 million National Trust award wining restoration, and is once again Charleston's grand hotel.
The Francis Marion now combines 1920's style and grace with 21st century comfort and convenience in the heart of historic Charleston on Marion Square.
* Guests at the Francis Marion Charleston Hotel can enjoy classic Southern cuisine for breakfast, lunch and dinner in the Swamp Fox Restaurant and Bar, cocktails and jazz piano music in the Swamp Fox bar, and complete spa services at Spa Adagio.
* The Francis Marion Hotel also provides all the traditional services one expects from a grand hotel: a doorman and bell service, concierge, valet parking, room service, wireless internet services, business center, newsstand and gift shop and a well equipped fitness center.
* Furnished with Queen Anne-style furniture, guestrooms include premium European-style all-white bedding with down duvets and extra pillows. Bathrooms have marble floors, brass fixtures, and pedestal sinks. Rooms also include wireless Internet access, and cable/satellite TV with pay movies and premium channels. Views may include Marion Square, church spires, the Charleston harbor, and the cityscape.
* The hotel has 230 guestrooms on 12 floors.
* All rooms are nonsmoking.
The Francis Marion Hotel, located in the heart of historic Charleston, puts the city and all its splendor right at your fingertips. The Francis Marion Hotel is 1 block from trendy King Street shopping, and close to many of Charleston's galleries and museums.
Located 3 blocks from the spectacularly renovated aquarium and a 10minute walk to The Battery, Charleston's historic waterfront.