Location / Description: This luxury boutique hotel is located in the heart of the city in the midst of the city's goings on, whether it be the scintillating Chicago theatre scene, the hustle and bustle of the Chicago Loop's financial and government districts, or the entertainment and shopping venues on State Street and the Magnificent Mile. Non-smoking hotel.
* This 19-floor boutique Chicago hotel has a complimentary 24-hour fitness room, with TV monitors on each machine, including ellipticals and treadmills. It also provides discount passes to two nearby health clubs. A complimentary yoga channel appears on TV and a yoga basket containing a mat, block, towel, and strap is available for on-site use.
* 312 Chicago - American cuisine with an Italian touch is served in this two-level restaurant with a city-casual atmosphere. The top floor has amber-glass light fixtures, mahogany furniture, and plenty of booths. The main floor features a wooden bar and exhibition kitchen. Menu items such as spit-roasted organic chicken and gnocchi are served on white-linen tables. Open daily for breakfast, lunch, and dinner.
* Encore Lunch Club and Liquid Lounge - Boldly colored in dramatic red, yellow, and purple, this street-level lounge offers lunch Monday–Friday, and is a popular club in the evening. Serves 16 kinds of martinis, including the "Encore" which combines vodka with port. Appetizers, light meals, and desserts are served into the late evening
* In-room spa services, including Umbrian-clay facials and brown-sugar massages can be booked. A hosted wine reception is offered every evening from 5–6 PM in the hotel lobby.
* The lobby-level business center supplies both a Mac and PC with flat-screen monitors, a printer, fax, and copier. A shop sells sundries, cards, magazines, and Chicago sports-team clothing.
* Guestrooms at this smoke-free Kimpton hotel are decorated in rich colors set off by ebony accents. Decor also includes large, oval mirrors and music- or theater-related artwork.
* Beds feature triple-sheeted Frette Italian linens, and pillowtop mattresses with down blankets and pillows. Bathrooms, stocked with Aveda toiletries and plush bathrobes, have dimmer lights.
* Guestrooms offer wireless Internet access, morning newspapers, 37-inch high-definition LCD TVs with video on demand, multi-line speakerphones with voice mail and dataports, alarm clock radios with iPod-docking stations, and fully stocked honor bars.
* Overnight shoe shine and valet/laundry service are available. Umbrellas and laptop-compatible safes are provided.
* All Kimpton Hotels incorporate more than 40 eco-friendly products and practices through its environmental program, Kimpton Hotels EarthCare.
* Guests can expect in-room recycling bins and water-efficient bathrooms. Other highlights include the use of use non-toxic cleaning products, recycled paper, and energy-efficient lightbulbs.
Located in the Loop's theater and business districts, Hotel Allegro Chicago - A Kimpton Hotel is next to the Cadillac Palace Theatre, 4 blocks from Millennium Park, and 1 mile from the Magnificent Mile.