Magnificent Macdonald Gisborough Hall Hotel was built in 1857 as the stunning home of Baron Gisborough. It is a Grade ll listed building and every effort has been made to retain the style and character of its Victorian and Edwardian heritage. The sweeping driveway offers inviting glimpses of the Victorian home of the Chaloner family whose lineage can be traced back to the 12th Century.
Today it has been developed into a luxurious 4 star country house hotel, located on the edge of the market town Guisborough, with stunning views of prize-winning woodland and the Cleveland Hills.
Gisborough Hall was fully refurbished for the millenium to retain the quality and charm of this original Victorian Country House. The rooms look out over the Cleveland Hills and Guisborough Forest.
In a determinedly classical approach to cooking, the chefs prepare exquisite dishes whose subtle flavours come only from the finest and freshest of ingredients: superb food and wines in Tockett’s fine dining restaurant, light food and snacks in the Main Hall and Drawing Room, quality beers, wines and spirits served in the informal Library Bar
provision for special dietary needs.
* Tockett's Restaurant is regarded as one of the finest in the whole of the Northeast. Here you can enjoy the very best of Yorkshire specialities, as well as a variety of international cuisine.
* Quality beers, wines and spirits served in the informal Library Bar.
* The Madoc Suite, suitable for 60-300 guests and licensed for holding civil marriage ceremonies.
* Macdonald Gisborough Hall’s purpose-built conference and banqueting suite and 52-bedroom extension, completed in 2002, have turned it into one of the most comfortable, picturesque and sought-after business venues in the North of England. The Madoc Suite, suitable for 70-400 guests, incorporates a feature balcony with a sweeping staircase and is lit by glistening chandeliers. A fine Victorian-style conservatory leads through into our landscaped gardens.
* The hotel has 71 delightful bedrooms. There are 19 rooms in the main house, which have been individually and tastefully refurbished to enhance their original features and elegance. The Woodlands Wing offers a more contemporary style of room decorated to the highest standard. For a touch of luxury, choose one of the three four-poster beds. Relax in style in the peaceful drawing room or pamper yourself in our Beauty Suite.
Macdonald Gisborough Hall Hotel is situated on the edge of the North York Moors, in the small market town of Guisborough. There are plenty of places to visit within easy travelling distance, whether you fancy city or small-town attractions, outdoor activities, or opportunities for exploring historic sites and the natural environment.