Within walking distance of Fifth Avenue shopping, the business district and Times Square in midtown Manhattan's fashionable East Side, 4-star New York hotel Morgans, A Morgans Original recently underwent a complete design update by legendary designer Andrée Putman, whose projects have ranged from the Guggenheim Museum to Peter Greenaway movie sets.
Reinterpreted to propel Morgans style and spirit forward without changing its unique character, this luxury Madison Avenue hotel offers a seamless blend of understatement, simplicity and cutting-edge sophistication.
* Continental breakfast is offered each morning.
* Asia de Cuba:
A fusion of two popular cuisines in a dramatic setting draws both celebrities and food aficionados. A social table for 18, situated in the center, is a boon for solo diners. The restaurant is open for breakfast for hotel guests, and for lunch and dinner for the public.
* Morgans Bar:
This subterranean hideaway has been discovered by trendy New Yorkers who like the offbeat, whimsical decor, including Louis XVI–style chairs, flickering candles, and a Lucite sleigh bed.
* This 19-story New York hotel offers a gracious living room, and free passes to a health club 1 block away.
* Business travelers can request services at the front desk, and portable computers and fax machines also are available on request.
* Conceived by critically acclaimed French designer Andrée Putman, Morgans 113 guestrooms and suites bespeak a quiet, timeless elegance. Soothing shades of taupe, camel and ivory are accented by birdseye maple paneling, luxe bedding, plush ultrasuede banquettes, silk throw pillows, roomy corduroy clubchairs, and the now legendary black and white tiled bathrooms.
* The walls have been painted using a special technique that creates a subtle “impressionist” effect, providing the perfect backdrop for original black and white photographs, specially commissioned by the hotel from world-renowned artist Robert Mapplethorpe.
Morgans Hotel is in Murray Hill on Midtown’s East Side; the Empire State Building is 4 blocks south, and Grand Central Terminal is 7 blocks north.